Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Travis Got a Kawasaki

I never thought I'd see the day when one of our own unloaded Japanese machinery from the back of a trailer.  But like TS Eliot says, April is the cruelest month -- and so it was here when I had to change the banner on this blog out of -- you ready for this Travis? -- respect for one of our own.

So...yup...Travis got him a Kawasaki.  Not sure what they name those things -- could be called like a Wildebeast, or a Mad Viking or KameKaze or something.  

I'll just call it a Kawasaki.

He brought it out in Whigham and it seemed to go pretty good.  True, he got stuck in this hole in the picture -- a hole me and my Polaris got through right afterward, I might add -- but I don't think you can blame that on his machinery as much as his tires -- not that he's got bad tires either, I just don't think he's running Outlaws.

Either way, the jury is still out on this strange Asian bug.  We did have an interesting incident later in the day that I still think was staged.  For some reason Travis switched bikes with Kristen -- and then he immediately proceeded to "get stuck" with her Polaris 850 in an easy creek crossing that the rest of us had no problem with.  And after that he made a big show of getting out a rope, hooking it to the back of his Kawasaki, and pulling the Polaris out of the creek.  

See where we're going with this folks?

Travis knows how to cross a creek.  And Kristen's bike goes where other bikes fear to tread.  Something smelled really fishy about the whole thing -- kind of like Japanese food if you catch my drift.  I'll give Travis the benefit of the doubt and say he staged the whole thing.  He's too experienced a driver to have been stuck in that little ole hole -- and it was a great photo op for his new Kawasaki to be pulling the Polaris.

I think Travis has a future in politics.  We probably oughta start calling him Slick.


No comments:

Post a Comment